Downham Market Live is the town’s first music festival, which will take place across various venues from the 27th – 29th September 2019.
The weekend offers free music around Town with a ticketed event on the Satuday evening. Supported by Downham Market Town Council, 2019 is the first year for this event, but there are hopes for a festival that will be running for years to come.
Town councillor Emily Lightfoot reported to Lynn News that: “The idea of a music festival is to put Downham Market on the map locally as a great music location by celebrating the diversity and quality of our musicians, venues and organisations.”
The event hopes to involve the wider Downham Market and surrounding areas by bringing together different members and musicians of the community. A number of well-attended public meetings have helped create the music festival along with a grant from the National Lottery to help bring the town Downham Market Live.
The weekend’s lineup has been released as follows:
Friday 27th – FREE live music in venues throughout the town during the evening.
Saturday 28th – A FREE to attend Acoustic stage outside the Town Hall, in the Town Square with musicians and artists performing from 10am. The current line-up is as follows:
- 10:00 AM – Edward Taylor (Flamenco, Jazz, Classical and Blues)
- 11:00 AM -The Fried Pirates (Traditional)
- 12:00 AM – Lexie Green (Soulful Americana)
- 1:00 PM – When Rivers Meet (Blues and Roots Rock)
- 2.00 PM – Tony and Titch (Old time Country)
- 3:00 PM – Me Thee and E (Jazz and Blues)
- 4.00PM – Jo & Mary (Gospel and Country)
There will also be craft, food stalls, activities, and a bar on the Town Square available during the day. As well as an interactive Buskers Trail, with prizes given for the most information gathered, running from 9:45 to 17:00.
Saturday night will round off with a ticketed live music event in the Town Hall from 7pm (doors open 6pm). The acts performing are as follows:
- The Shackleton Trio (Charismatic Folk with a regional twist)
- The People Versus (Songs of love, loss and sea monsters)
- Gentlemen of Few (Bluegrass indie and alternative rock)
Sunday 29th – The Conservative Club will open their doors to everyone on Sunday afternoon, with a selection of bands performing.
Tickets for Saturday 28th are available now online at www.downhammarketlive.co.uk for £12 or at a discounted price of £10 for local residents if purchased in person at No. 8 The Old Bookshop, High Street South.