Easy vehicle access is important and sometimes can get people hot under the collar. However, there are always places to park… it’s just knowing where to look!
We’re here to help you get parked in Downham so that you can enjoy the town without the fear of a ticket waiting for you when you’re done!
The top three reasons for receiving a parking ticket in Downham Market are:
- Overstaying your welcome in a timed bay
- Parking on double yellow lines outside Barclays Bank
- Parking in the taxi bay by the clock
However, with a little bit of local knowledge, it is easy to locate a free parking space in the town and avoid the penalties. Free car parks around Downham include:
- Hollies car park
- The Fire station car park
- The Town Hall car park (excluding Fridays and Saturdays due to the market)
There are, of course, a variety of other places to park in Downham, but most have some form of time limit or cost attached, such as the Downham Market train station.
It should be noted, however, that the town is at its busiest on Friday and Saturday as these are Market days, and some of the aforementioned parking spaces may be filled.